Applies to accounts on the Plus plan and up.
One-to-one emails are one-off messages that can be sent to Leads from a Deal record. These emails can also be sent from the Contacts Overview page and the Contact Profile page.
With this feature, you can:
- Create html-based or text-based emails
- Insert hyperlinks (html only)
- Add styling and bullets to your text (html only)
- Use a template (see our help doc on Saved Responses)
- Add the contact to an automation when you send the email or when they reply to your email
Follow the steps below to send a one-to-one email to the primary lead on a Deal
1. Go to Deals and select the Deal by clicking it.
2. Click on “Send Email” located in the Compose bar at the bottom of your screen.
3. The message composer modal will open. Enter a subject line and message. Note the bold,
italics, and strikethrough styling options on the lower left of the composer. To add bullet
points, insert a link, or switch from html to a plain text email, click the more options icon.
4. If you want to use a template for this message, click the “Saved Responses”
icon and select which Saved Response you want to use for this communication.
For more information on Saved Responses, [please see this help document.]
5. You can insert a personalization tag in order to add values from the contact record into your
message. To do so, type the percentage symbol (%) into the body of the message. You’ll
be presented with a menu of fields you can insert. After selecting the field, you’ll see a blue
placeholder with an inserted value.**
6. To add a lead to an automation when you send the email, or when a lead replies to your
email, click the “Automate this email” icon located next to Saved Responses. Choose
which automation you wish to add your lead to and select if you want them added
when the email is sent or when they reply. Click “Save.”
7. Clicking the “From/To Details” will show you the From email address and To email address.
The From email address will be the email address associated with the account user and
cannot be changed.
8. Once you have finished creating your email, click “Send.”
**Note: If you are using personalization tags in your message, they will appear as blue and will populate with values from the contact record. If any of the personalization tags appear in red, then this means the contact does not have a value for that field. If you try to send a personal email with a tag highlighted in red, you will be asked to add a value for that field before sending your message.